Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Games for the International Day of the Ninja

It's December 5, and that means it's International Day of the Ninja again. That means all you Nonjas out there have an opportunity to go out and dress like a ninja for the day.

Just be warned, the real Ninjas WILL be watching, so don't let your free day as a Ninja get to your head. They know the difference between a real Ninja and a Nonja.

I know what you all must be thinking right now. "But eMadman - what if we can't dress like a ninja today?"

For you guys, I must say "sux2bu", but you could always go Ninja it up in video games.

Here's a quickie list that the site's staff has come up with:

  • Shinobi
    • For the amateur Nonja Gamers out there, there were many Shinobi games, dating back to the Sega Genesis - all worth playing if you want to be a real ninja
  • Tenchu
    • I remember playing this way back when I first got my PS1. It was a great game then, taking some of the finer stealth portions of Metal Gear and mixing them with all sorts of Ninja related bad-assery.
  • Ninja Gaiden Black
    • A highly rated hack and slash ninja action game on the Xbox. Considering the rave reviews, you must all get it. I'll be on hold while I attempt to use my 1337 nonja skillz to get my hands on a 360.
  • Mortal Kombat
    • What could be more fun than a game that stirred up so much controversy that ignorant parenting groups tried to have the game banned from sale. Oh, right - the part about the badass ninja/assassin characters going head to head and fighting to a bloody and gruesome death.
  • I-Ninja
  • Kung Fu
    • Ok, so it isn't exactly Ninja related. But any game that I grew up on where I ran from side to side kicking the butts of a rival dojo is a great game in my book.
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
    • One of my fondest childhood memories was TiT. I had great times beating up the evil nitwit Krang in multiplayer co-op action. While the Turtles aren't the swiftest or the quietest, or even the deadliest Ninjas around, they are certainly among the most memorable.
That's our list of awesome ninja related games that are worth checking out for the Day of the Ninja. Put up a comment with your faves. If you think you're Ninja enough, put up a pic of your best ninja outfit too!

No comments: