Tuesday, November 28, 2006

In depth, Freudian Analysis of the Halo 3 Screenshots


Are you guys tired of talking about Halo 3? I know I'm not tired of talking about Halo 3, and Bungie isn't tired of talking about Halo 3 either! Halo 3.

Up on the official website, they posted a Screenshot Dissection which has more detail than some coroner reports. The article goes very in depth, and discusses some interesting additions to the game. Things like degrees of vehicle damage, new weapons, new vehicles, and flags that wave " with tiny little ripples."

One of the most interesting things about the article for me was an insight into how the Bungie team designs map. They discuss placing weapons, turrets, and vehicles, and the thought process ensured to make the map balanced for both teams. So far the game looks fantastic, and I can't wait to be running back to my base, with the flags tiny little ripples flowing behind me.

No comments: