Wednesday, November 22, 2006

"Gears of War" sold 1 million copies in two weeks


When I first layed eyes on Gears of War at X'06 Canada I nearly pissed my pants. The game looked so incredible in detail on the Xbox 360 and the gameplay was very impressive. I tend to play very few first-person shooters, Halo 2 being the last one I was very hooked on. Gears of War is one title in a long while that I think has a lot to offer to the player in a very fresh way that would bring back the "Halo" experience and ease the wait time for Halo 3.

This game is doing so well that Microsoft has reported 1 million units being sold in it's first 2 weeks since release. According to a press release, this game is "the fastest-selling title of 2006 and fastest-selling original Xbox game of all time. " That's incredible! But that's not it,

On top of being the #1 title on Xbox Live, "Gears of War" has also driven new members to the network, as paid registrations per day have skyrocketed more than 50 per cent since the game's launch.
All this has happened as the PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii came out which shows that support for the Xbox 360 is holding strong.

Gears of War has received an overall score of 95% from various publications, damn I have to buy am Xbox 360 and get me this game.

No comments: