Monday, November 20, 2006

Goodbye Social Life, You'll Be Missed.

So last night a friend and I camped Walmart to ensure acquisition of a Nintendo Wii. The night began travelling after work via the #1 Highway to Swift Current; roughly 100km from my residence, it is in fact the nearest place that will have the Wii available. Equipped with the 360, a power inverter, and a T.V. we are officially set for the night. A few energy drinks and countless hours of Splinter Cell: Double Agent later and its time for us to actually 'camp' it. My co-worker and I wander up to the Walmart front doors armed with sleeping bags, lawn chairs, Maxim's and Nintendo Power mags; and so we wait. After a few hours of waiting around bored out of my mind, the night shift manager opens the doors to come out to talk to us. Apparently this guy is like a god amongst men, and offers to leave the front door open so that we can SLEEP IN THE WALMART. Can you say first in line? Because I sure can. Wake up to some noise and the room is filled with a throng of nintendo fan-boys; however, my sleeping bag dominates the front door. An hour or two later and I'm #1 in line, and the doors are opening.

I'll give you an update in a while, but currently I've already played Twilight Princess for roughly 8 hours, and it is definitely not going to disappoint. Not that I ever thought it would. Also picked up a few controllers and Red Steel. Keep your eye out for some reviews in the near future.

I also want to give props to Wii Sports, which is fighting the obesity epidemic one gamer at a time, and is an amazingly fun party type environment.

Jason Out.

1 comment:

Asim Zaidi said...

I'm very jealous right now. The closest thing to a Wii I have right now is a t-shirt that says "Wii".

All must bow to Wii sports...